Tuesday 16 February 2016

Women in Horror Month 2016

It's that time of the year again, the month of my people, Women in Horror Month. Before I get too much into what's going on for it this year I want to start off by talking about how it seems that a lot of women who specialize in horror seem to be born in this month. There's Gigi of Luchagore, Jill of Sixx Tape Productions, myself of course and Carolyn of Off World Pictures was only one day short of being born this month as well. I'm sure there are many more, but this just struck me as interesting this year.
Now onto the meatier stuff, what is/has been going on to celebrate this year. First off you have the Twisted Twins new Blood Drive PSA which features so many female filmmakers that seem to get better every year. I must admit it was probably the least gory, but my favourite segment might just be the used car lot one. Unfortunately the embedded video feature on here sucks so I will just have to link you to it here.



The other big thing this year is that once again The Vancouver Badass Film Festival is happening again and a film I'm in, What's That Sound?, has been selected as a part of the local short film segment. Of course what is really exciting is not only that, but I have been nominated for best actress for my performance in the short!

There's a familiar face on that poster.
As I notice more horrific developments through the rest of the month I will update this post for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment